Copyright 2000-2012 by aboutromania.com  All rights reserved.
The Village and Folk Art Museum
link2romania.com
Click on the picture to display full size
Bucharest - The Village Museum (Old peasant house)
The Village Museum - Interior of the peasant house
Bucharest - The Village and Folk Art Museum (tools to process wine)
Romania, Bucharest - The Village Museum
Bucharest - The Village Museum
Bucharest - The Village Museum (Old peaseant house)
The Village Museum - Old peasant house
Romania, Bucharest - The Village and Folk Art Museum
The Village Museum - Interior of the peasant house
Bucharest - The Village Museum
The Village Museum - The original village church from Dragomiresti
The Village Museum - Old Tavern "La Bariera"
The Village Museum - Old peasant house
The Village Museum - Old peasant house
The Village Museum - Old peasant house
The Village Museum - Old peasant house
Bucharest, The Village Museum - Interior of the peasant house
Bucharest, The Village Museum - Old peasant house
Bucharest, The Village Museum - Old peasant house
Romania, Bucharest - The Village Museum (Old peasant house)
The Village Museum - Interior of the peasant house
The Village Museum - Interior of the peasant house
The Village Museum - Interior of the peasant house
The Village Museum - Old peasant house
The Village Museum - Interior of the peasant house
The Village Museum - Interior of the peasant house
The Village Museum - Old peasant house
The Village Museum - Old Peasant house
The Village Museum - Wooden courtyard gate
The Village Museum - Courtyard carved gateway
The Village Museum - Old sled
The Village Museum - Ferris wheel
The Village and Folk Art Museum
The Village Museum - Old water well
Bucharest - The Village and Folk Art Museum (tools to process butter)
The Village Museum - Old peasant house
The Village Museum - Old peasant house
Estabilished in 1936 by Professor Dimitrie Gusti (1880-1955) on the banks of the Herastrau Lake, the open-air Village Museum contains a facinating collection of over three hundred houses and other structures from every region of Romania, the oldest date back to the 17 century. Covering over 14 ha, the museum include wind and fulling mills, three churches and workshops.