© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Venice
www.aboutromania.com
The Clock Tower
Venice - The Clock Tower
Venice - The Clock Tower
The Clock Tower was built by Mauro Coduci between 1496-1499. The wings were added during 1500-1506 from designs of Pietro Lombardo, and later raised by Giorgio Massari in 1755. Above the tower is an open terrace on which stands a bell with a figure on either site. The bell is sounded by the hammering of the two figures that were cast in bronze by Ambrogio de la Anchore in 1497.