© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Venice
www.aboutromania.com
Santa Maria di Nazareth Church
Venice - Santa Maria di Nazareth
Baldassarre Longhena was commissioned by the Barefoot Carmelite monks to design the church in 1670. It was finished and consacrated in 1705. The facade was designed by Giuseppe Sardi in Venetian Baroque. The interior of the church is a profusion of sculpture, gilded stucco and colored marble.