© 2000-2012 by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Romania
Landscape near Frasinei Monastery
www.aboutromania.com
Valcea Landscape
The complex of the Frasinei Manastery includes two churches. The Great Church was finished in 1863 under the guidance of St. Calinic from Cerna. The Old Church was built from wood in 1710 and rebuilt in brick in 1762-1763 by Carstea and Damian Iovipali.  Restoration of the church was done in 1848 by the monk Acache. The church is dedicated to John the Baptist.