|Postcards from Romania|
|The Saxons' earliest buildings were made of wood, but few of these survived the Tartar attack of 1241, which destroys the fortress on School Hill.
1280, first document in which Sighisoara is mentioned as Castrum Sex and later "Schespurch" (1298).
This give way to the German name , Schassburg, which was used for hundreds of years.
|© 2000-2012 by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.|