© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Romania
The Old Court Church
The 14th century medieval building, expanded by ruling-prince Vlad the Impaler (1456-1462, 1476),
rebuilt by ruling-prince Mircea the Shepherd (1545-1554) with The Annunciation Church - the oldest building throughout the city which has preserved its initial form. Rebuilt after 1640, by prince Matei Basarab and successively completed by other Romanian princes.