© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Perugia
www.aboutromania.com
Town Hall and Major Fountain
Perugia - Town Hall and Major Fountain
The Town Hall (Palazzo dei Priori) construction begun in 1270 and went on until 1353. From 1429 to 1443, a further extension was carried out. The later structural addition on the South side date from the 1576-1588. The facade which looks onto the Fontana Maggiore has a wide, semi-circular staircase, built in 1902, the old one designed by Ambrogio Maitani having been destroyed at the end of the 16th century.