© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Perugia
www.aboutromania.com
Madonna of Light and St. Luke Churches
Perugia - The Church of the Madonna of Light and of St. Luke
The Church of Madonna of Light, with its elegant Renaissance facade, was built in 1513 to honor the miraculous image of the Virgin. Inside there are frescoes by Tiberio of Assisi and Giovanni Battista Caporali (1532). Next door is the Church of St. Luke, a medieval parish church belonged to the Knights of Malta (c. 1560). It was modified into its present form in 1586 by Bino Sozi.