© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Perugia
www.aboutromania.com
Francesco Morlacchi Theatre
Perugia - Town Theatre Francesco Morlacchi (1781)
The Communal Francesco Morlacchi Theatre was built in 1778-1780 on the innitiative of the new bourgeoisie who wished to emulate the nobility which had financed the construction of the Pavone Theatre. The architect was the Perugian, Alessio Lorenzini. The theatre was restored in 1874 and was dedicated to Perugia's most famous musician, Francesco Morlacchi. Next to the theatre is the seat of the Faculty of Letters, an attractive 18th century building.