© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Perugia
www.aboutromania.com
Oratory of SS. Andrew and Bernardino
Perugia - Oratory of SS. Andrew and Bernardino
Next to the Oratory of St. Bernardino is the Oratory of SS. Andrew and Bernardino, also called the Oratory of Justice. The Brotherhood of St. Andrew was formed in 1374 and in 1537 it merged with the Brotherhood of St. Bernardino, founded between 1456 and 1460. The altar is host to a canvas by Gaetano Lapis (1762) depicting the Virgin and Child with St. John the Baptist, St. Andrew and St. Bernardino.The box-vaulted ceiling was gold plated and carved in 1588.