© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Perugia
www.aboutromania.com
Oratorio di St. Bernardino
Perugia - St. Bernardino Oratory
St. Bernardino of Siena preached in Perugia in 1425, 1438 and 1441.  After his canonisation in 1450, the priors of Perugia decided to honor his memory by building a chapel. The Oratory of St. Bernardino on Piazza San Francesco was built between 1457 to 1461. The colorful facade, attributed  to Agostino di Duccio, is one of the best piece of sculpture in the city.