© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Perugia
www.aboutromania.com
Etruscan Arch
Perugia - Etruscan Arch
The Etruscan Arch, or Arch of Augustus, is one of the seven doorways into the city, whose wall was 2.9 km in length. In a document dated 1036, it is referred as the Porta Pulchra, the Beautiful Door. The Arch affords a frontal view of Piazza Fortebracci. On top is a Renaissance style loggia from 16th century. The fountain on the left was completed in 1621.