© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Perugia
link2romania.com
Curches of St. Philip Neri and St. Francis
Perugia - The Church of St. Philip Neri
Perugia - The Church of St. Francis
The Church of St. Philip Neri was built in 1626 on the side of the early Christian Baptistry of St. Giovanni Rotondo, by the architect Paolo Maruscelli. The facade, similar to the Church of St. Susanna in Rome, was completed in 1665. It is a aisleless church with a volted ceiling decorated in 1762 by Francesco Appiani and many frescoes and paintings from 1668 to 1737 by Perugian artists.