© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Perugia
www.aboutromania.com
Saint Francis al Prato's Church
At the end of Via S. Francesco it is Piazza San Francesco, dominated by the church of St. Francis al Prato at the side of which, on the left, stands the Oratory of St. Bernardino. Benedictine nuns of St. Angelo del Renaio bought this side together with the structures built on it, in 1253.  When Franciscan Order was divided into Coventuals and Observants, St. Francis al Prato became the seat of the Conventuals. The nuns remained here until 1815, when the convent was suppressed.
Perugia - Saint Francis al Prato