© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Perugia
www.aboutromania.com
Gallenga Palace
Perugia - Gallenga Palace
Palazzo Antinori, subsequently named after Galenga Stuart, is now the headquarters of the Italian University for Foreigners which opened in 1926. The 18th century building in laterite stone, was built by Pietro Carottoli to a design by the Roman architect, Francesco Branchi (1740-1758). The interior is decorated with frescos attributed to Giuli and Carattoli and the third floor accomodates a series of canvases commissioned by Girolamo Antinori in 1762.