© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Parma
link2romania.com
Palace of the Commune
Built in 1627, by G. Battista Magnani, on the ruins of the Palace of the Capitan (1221) to celebrate the wedding between Orlando Farnese and Margherita de Medici. A large stairway leads to the Council Hall, preceded by an atrium where one can admire paintings by Ilario Spolverini, the seats of the Office of Elder, a Crucifixion by Bernardino Gatti and frescoes from 19th century.
Parma, Italy - Palace of the Commune and Palace of the Podesta