© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Parma
link2romania.com
Palace of the Pilotta
The vast Palazzo della Pilotta was built for the Farnese family during the 16th century, and was rebuilt after bomb damage from World War II. The palace comprises several parts, including the Teatro Farnese (1628), a copy of Palladio's ravishing theater in Vincenza, built of wood. Parmigianino, Correggio, Fra Angelico and El Greco are represented in the palace's Galleria Nazionale. The National Archeology Museum is located on the lower floor.
Parma, Italy - Palace of the Pilotta