© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Parma
link2romania.com
Monastery of St. John the Evangelist
The adjoining monastery to the Church of St. John the Evangelist was built in the 16th century. It's composed of three cloisters: Cloister of St. John (1537-1538), Cloister of the Chapter (1500) and Cloister of St. Benedict, where the monks live, built between 1508-1512. The pharmacy-spice shop "Spezieria di San Giovanni" dates from 1500, it's the place where Benedictine monks mixed medicines and herbals and stored in an underlying room. The production stopped in 1881. 
Parma, Italy - Church and Monastery of St. John of Evangelist