© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Parma
link2romania.com
Ducal Park - The Trianon Fountain
After a period of neglect, in the mid-18th century Philip of Bourbon entrusted the court architect Petitot with the task of rearranging the park. The Temple of Arcadia, which was the meeting place for Academics of the Arcadia, and 10 marble statues by G. B Boudard were placed in the garden. The Ducal Park was opened to the public during Marie-Louise reign and in 1866, under the Savoia rule, it became the Municipal Park. The Trianon Fountain was placed on the isle at the center of the lake in 1920.
Parma, Italy - Ducal Park (The Trianon Fountain)