© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Parma
link2romania.com
Ducal Palace and Park
The Ducal Palace is a classic example of Vignola's work with its small tower on the central body. In 1600 the palace was extended by adding the other two lateral bodies and courtyards. In 1767 the court architect Petitot added the mezzanine to the two lateral corps, raising them by a floor, and built the internal stairway. The palace was barely used by the Bourbons and by Marie Louise and today accommodates the local Carabinieri Station.
Parma, Italy - Ducal Palace