© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Parma
link2romania.com
Royal Theatre
The new Ducal Theatre was replacing the old theatre, located in the Palace of the Riserva, that no longer suited the requirements of modern theatres. The theatre was inaugurated on May the 16th 1829 with the opera "Zaira" by Vincenzo Bellini and was named Royal Theatre in 1949.  The neo-classic facade has a portico supported by ten Ionic columns and is surmounted by two fascias.
Parma, Italy - Royal Theatre