© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Parma
link2romania.com
Farnese Theatre
The Farnese theatre was inaugurated on December the 21st 1628, on the occasion of the wedding between Odoardo Farnese and Margherita de' Medici, with the play "Torneo". A machine system was installed under the stage allowing for the first movable sets in the history of theatre. The last show took place in 1732. Restorations were done under Marie Louise of Austria, then Giovanni di Savoia and after the war world II.
Parma, Italy - Farnese Theatre