© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Parma
link2romania.com
Church of Our Lady of the Assumption
The construction of the church began in 1566 under the guidance of Gian Battista Fornovo. The inside consists of a single nave that terminates in a large choir. In the pronao, above the central portal, the large stucco depicting the "Eternal Father looking Our Lady of the Annunciation amongst Angels" is the work of 1680 by Giovan Battista Barberini. There are two holy water stoups from 17th century and numerous artworks from 17th to late 18th century.
Parma, Italy - Church of Our Lady of the Assumption