|Postcards from Parma|
|The Dome of the Church of the Steccata|
|In 1392 an Oratory was erected in honor of St. John where a Madonna feeding the Child was painted. The people called it The Blessed Virgin of the Steccata.
In 1521 the oratory was demolished and construction of the imposing and elegant Renaissance Church began. The luminous dome was realized following the design of Antonio da Sangallo il giovane, a pupil of Brabante.