© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Parma
link2romania.com
Church of St.Mary of the Steccata
In the presbytery is the large arch painted by Lorenzo Mazzolo (known as Parmigianino) between 1530-1539. It depicts the Sage Virgins on the right side and the Foolish Virgins in the left.The background of the arch is red, paused with frames enclosing rosettes made of gold-plated copper, while the two lateral fascias are decorated with gold on a blue background.
Parma, Italy - Church of St. Mary of the Steccata (The arch by Parmigianino)