© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Paris
www.aboutromania.com
La Place des Vosges
Paris - La Place des Vosges
La Place des Vosges is a huge square of symmetrical brick and stone mansions, nine on each side, built over arcades. Originally called place Royal, and rename Vosges in 1800, it was inaugurated in 1612 for the wedding of Louis XIII and Anne of Austria. Among celebrites who lived here are Madame de Sevigne, Cardinal Richelieu, Victor Hugo.