© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Paris
www.aboutromania.com
L'Hotel des Invalides
Paris - Hotel des Invalides
The Hotel des Invalides was built on the orders of Louis XIV as a home for French war veterans and invalidated soldiers. The construction started in 1671 from Liberal Bruand's designs and was completed in 1676. Under the dome are two churches, one for the soldiers and the other containing the mortual remains of Napoleon. The Hotel des Invalides houses the Musee de L'Armee,  Musee des Plans-Reliefs and Musee de l'Ordre de la Liberation.