|Postcards from Romania|
|Tismana Monastery was rebuilt in 1508 by the Wallachian prince Radu the Great. The murals in the narthex cover the entire wall space. They were painted in 1564 by an artist called Dobromir from Targoviste. The frescoes in the main church were restored in the 18th century.
Brancusi's father used to look after the monastery's estates.
|© 2000-2012 by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.|