|The Old Princely Court , "Curtea Veche", stands near the junction of Str Franceza and Sepcari. It was here that prince Vlad Tepes built a citadel in the fifteenth century. Vlad fortified the settlement and built a Prince's Palace that it flourished as a commercial centre. The palace was the official residence of the Wallachian princes until the end of the 18th century, when, heavily damaged by earthquakes and fires over the following centuries, it was auctioned off to local merchants. Ruins are all that remain today of the old citadel, just some of the walls, arches and shattered columns. The Old Court Church was built in 1546-59 during the reign of Mircea Ciobanul, is Bucharest's oldest church.