© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Romania
Bucharest - The old fire tower (Foisorul de Foc)
Bucharest - Old Fire Tower
Bucharest's oldest fire tower was called Coltea's Tower, it was built in 1715 and demolished in 1888. The replacement, Foisorul de Foc, was built in 1892-1893 with the first level used for the fire cars and horses, the second level was used for firemen and the tower was used for city observation and sounding the alarm. In 1935 the firemen moved to a new house and the building became the Romanian Fireman Museum in 1963.