|Postcards from Brasov County|
|The church tower (50m high) was extended in the fifteenth century. Harman Stronghold has seven square bastions. At that time the number of Saxons in Hartman was 1500; today there are fewer than 150. The colourful houses facing the main square are typical of Saxon era, with large rounded doors and few windows.
About 18 km northeast of Brasov lies Mlastina de la Harman, a nature reserve that contains rare animals, carnivorous plants and glacial relics.