© 2000-2012  by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Brasov County
aboutromania.com
The Council House (1420)
Brasov, Romania - The Council House
The Council Square is the heart of a Baroque townscape that is quintessentially Germanic. The Council House stands in the center of the square and now houses the Brasov Historical Museum. This was the place in which the town councillors, known as centurions, would meet. On top of the council house was the Trumpeter's Tower, where the "keeper of the fairs" lived. The History Museum tell the story of the Saxon guilds, who used to dominate Brasov.