© 2000-2012 by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Bologna
Bologna - Palazzo Poggi (1549-1560)
Bologna - Palazzo Poggi (University's Museums)
The tour of the museums of Palazzo Poggi offers the visitor the invaluable scientific and cultural contribution given by the Institutes of Sciences of Bologna. The Museum of Ancient Maps established in 1724, presents important maps, engraved on copper, from the 17th century. In the Rector's offices and in the University's Library, there is an important paintings exhibition with more than 600 portraits, a collection started in 1754 with the 403 pieces donated by Cardinal Filippo Maria Monti from Bolonia.