© 2000-2012 by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Bologna
Bologna - D'Accursio Palace (The red room)
Bologna - D'Acursio Palace (The red room)
The Townhall, known as D'Accursio Palace, housed since 1937, in the old Apartment of the Cardinal Legate, the  Municipal Art Collection. Its rooms, filled with outstanding and diverse art work, portray the decorative taste of noble families from the 16th to the 18th centuries. The 188 coats of arms of the Legates who ruled Bologna from 1327 to 1744 are displayed in Urbanus's Room. The painting collection of the John XXIII Institute is now permanently exhibited.