© 2000-2012 by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Bologna
Bologna - University of the studies
Bologna - University of the studies ( Palazzo Poggi  in Via Zamboni 3)
Palazzo Poggi, in Via Zamboni 3, has been the central seat of the University and the Rector's office since 1803. It was built between 1549-1560 by Pellegrino Tibaldi and Bartolomeo Triachini as the home for Alessandro Poggi and his brother, the Cardinal Giovanni. Acording to the will of Luigi Ferdinando Marsigli, Palazzo Pioggi became the seat of the Institute of Sciences in 1714. The building houses many University's offices and institutes, museums and exhibits of exceptional scientific and cultural interest.