|St. Dominic Guzman, the founder of the order of the Dominican Brothers, settled in this church in 1219. After his death, the dominican Brothers started the renewal of the building, which was enlarged. Pope Innocent IV consecrared in 1251 and dedicated to St. Dominic (canonized in 1234 by Pope Gregory IX). The 13th century facade was restored in 1909 by architect Raffaele Faccioli; the inside was remodeled between 1727-1732 by Carlo Francesco Dotti. The church owns art works of Giuto Pisano (1250) and Filippino Lippi (1501).