© 2000-2012 by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Bologna
Bologna - Curch of St. Mary of Mercy
Bologna - Church of St. Mary of Mercy
Chiesa di S. Maria della Misericordia (Church of St. Mary of Mercy) dates back to 13th century. Cistercian Sisters ruled the church until 1431, when Benedictine Brothers took over the church. In 1473 the Augustinian Brothers acquired and remodeled the church. Many paintings were taken away from the church during the Napoleonic period and are now found in museums in Bologna, Paris and Milano. Still there are some  notable art works from 16th, 17th and 18th centuries.