© 2000-2012 by aboutromania.com. All rights reserved.
Postcards from Bologna
Bologna - Porta Saragozza
Bologna - Saragozza Gate (Porta Saragozza)
Since the Middle Ages, the Albergati family had been living in Via Saragozza. The Palazzo Albergati atributed to Baltassare Peruzzi, was built from 1519 but the stone cutters were still working in 1612. From 1861 to 1865, via Saragozza was enlarged and its layout modified. The 14th century medieval Porta Saragozza with three arches and with crenellated side keeps, was enlarged by Enrico Brunetti Rodati in 1859.